As usual, I’m attempting to gather as many links as possible to entries for the Observer/Cape/Comica graphic short story contest. Apparently there were 200 of them this year. The Observer’s Rachel Cooke says: The standard was the highest it has ever been, and by some distance.
So much work goes into these, even those that are not placed that it feels like a good thing to compile them all in one place. So:
- The 2015 WINNER was : Richard Woods The Giants of Football
- The RUNNER UP was: Seokhan Jung Back Soon
And the shortlisted finalists were (linked where I could find the strip):
- Beth Dawson Getaway (Beth was also a runner-up last year)
- Matthew Dooley Pints, Putting and the End of the World (Matthew was shortlisted last year)
- Paul Fitzgerald And Then
- Rebecca K. Jones Lazy Sunday
- Jiey Kim Square
- Candice Purwin Matinee
- Teresa Robertson Tarquin (for what it’s worth, I think this is my favourite)
- Sam Rowe Onyeka
- Olivia Wailer Stuffed
- Camille Aubry A Journey to Motherhood
- Ramon James The Bubble
- Ian Norris Say Hello To The Sun
- Zara Slattery Euston Concourse and Beyond
- Kathrin Steinbacher Nationality Human
- Myfanwy Tristram (me!) Whatever Works
- Kel Winser The Perfect Friday Night
This is a short list (literally short, not a ‘shortlist’) at the moment, but hopefully it will grow as I compile my usual list of links to every entry I can find.
Do let me know if yours is online anywhere, and I’ll be happy to add it to the list.
While you’re waiting for more strips (do keep checking back), why not look at previous years’ entries?